Entries 25 - 1

ENTRY # 25
DATE:  11/23/05 (Wednesday) - 6:00pm
SUBJECT:  Scanner Update...

     Well, shit... I'm not going to my mother's for Thanksgiving after all. The weather sucks right now where she lives and I don't dare make the trip with my little car. It's been snowing there all day long and the forecast is calling for more snow through Thanksgiving day. So I'm staying home. Rats! Which means, yes, I will be scannerless for a while.
     I do have some leads though. My Dad also has an old one that I might be able to use but he lives "Up North" too. Y'see... my parents are divorced. My Mom lives in western Massachusetts with my Step-dad and my Dad lives in New Hampshire. So, again, travelling to NH to get it is a problem due to New England's wonderfully unpredictable winter weather.
     My other lead is my friend Adrienne. She has an old scanner that she's not using so that's a possibility also. We'll see. However, I think I'll pop into Staples or Office Max next weekend just to see what I can find. I really doubt that I'll find any scanners on the shelf that will work with Windows 98 but ya never know. I might get lucky. They might have a couple left buried in the stock room.
     And actually, right now, I'm considering getting a whole new computer anyway. Mine is seven years old and it's slowly approaching "replacement time." Things are starting to go wrong with it... my floppy drive is on its last leg. It works only when it feels like it. And the button to open my CD drive is acting funny too. It takes some effort (and quite a bit of patience) to get it to open up. And, of course, there's my "available memory" issue which is making the machine run at a snail's pace. SO... I might not even bother with a new scanner until I get a new computer. If I can get my credit card paid off I think I'll splurge on a whole new system. We'll see. It would be nice to have a scanner, though, in the meantime. I really miss it. :-(

ENTRY # 24
DATE:  11/20/05 (Sunday)
SUBJECT:  Going Out Grubby...

     Confession: I have become an exceptionally lazy person. Well, at least on the weekends.
     Monday through Friday I work full time. On top of that I also have to deal with never-ending housework, running errands, animal care, visiting friends and family, bill paying, car maintenance, grocery shopping and keeping the number of emails in my in-box under control. And now, with Christmas right around the bend, pile on all the joys of shopping to that list! By the time 5:30-Friday-Evening rolls around I'm drained... both physically and mentally.
     For the last two months or so I've been spending my weekends on the couch curled up under my Red Sox blanket with my cat in front of the TV or with a book... in other words, hibernating. From Friday evening to Sunday evening I've stayed in my pajamas, literally, not leaving the couch. At all. Except to go to the bathroom, of course, LOL.
     Today was different. I had to actually leave the house. Since I'm now watching my sodium intake I wanted a salad. The craving hit me and I couldn't get rid of it. However, I had no fresh veggies on hand. I decided to head to Burger King to get one of their Super Salads. I picked Burger King specifically because - getting back to my laziness - I didn't want to bother with getting out of the car. That would mean I'd have to actually "get dressed," LOL, and I didn't want to if I didn't have to.
     So... picture this (if you dare): It's Sunday evening and I have not showered nor have I washed my face, brushed my teeth or even brushed my hair since Saturday night. I'm wearing a long-sleeved, navy-blue, light-weight sweatshirt for a top and [mens] pajama bottoms covered, from waist to ankle, with bright red Red Sox logos. And keep in mind that I've been on my couch wrapped in a blanket with my cat -- which means I am also covered from head to toe with lint-balls and cat hair! On my feet I'm wearing my pink animal-paw slippers! I throw on a denim jacket to complete the look and I slink off into the night to BK's drive-thru window. Thankfully it gets dark early this time of year... which was part of the plan. Feeling very much like the Vampire LeStat I actually waited until after dark so I could leave the house looking like this without being seen... or at least not seen clearly.
     LOL, if my mother had seen me she would've been appalled at my appearance. But hey... I got my salad, I got back home in one piece and I got back under my blanket. I was happy! ...and isn't that what really matters? Grubby or not? ;-)

ENTRY # 23
DATE:  11/14/05 (Monday)
SUBJECT:  Sodium! (Scary stuff!)

     As I've mentioned before, I take my lunch to work. Which means I basically throw whatever's "quick" (i.e. microwavable) into my lunchbox. Most often it's soup, a sandwich, or sometimes a package of flavored rice for the "main course" followed by yogurt, pudding, cookies and various beverages to get me through the day. Today, while I was eating, I happened to notice the amount of sodium per serving in my main course and I was shocked.
     "Lunch" is really the only meal I eat every day. My breakfast consists of a cup of coffee and a granola bar... and I rarely eat dinner.... so my lunch is a substantial meal even though I refer to it as being "quick." Today's main course was one of those "bowl-of-soup" things by Campbells - the chunky "Grilled Chicken & Sausage Gumbo." The sodium content is 780 milligrams per serving - a "serving" being one [measuring] cup. A bowl of this stuff, according to the label, is "about two servings" which means - when you eat the whole bowl - you're digesting 1,560 milligrams of sodium. I was kind'a stunned by this. When I got home from work, just for shits n' giggles, I sat down and added up everything I had eaten today to see what the damage was. Here's the list (including my morning coffee and the granola bar):

Coffee (International Coffees, with Half n' Half cream) - 165 mg.
Granola Bar (S'mores) - 70 mg.
Grilled Chicken & Sausage Gumbo - 1,560 mg.
MiniBites Mac n' Cheese (side dish) - 840 mg.
Starbucks coffee (Mocha) - 95 mg.
Snapple (Kiwi-Strawberry) - 10 mg.
Columbo Yogurt (Boston Cream Pie) - 110 mg.
Breakstone Cottage Cheese (snack size) - 370 mg.
Snack Pack Pudding (chocolate) - 125 mg.
Chips Ahoy! cookies (package of 4) - 140 mg.

     My total intake of sodium today was 3,485 milligrams. My initial reaction went something like this:


     As most people are counting calories and/or carbs, I am now counting Sodium milligrams. To further my anxiety I then raided my refrigerator and all my cabinets frantically reading labels to see what foods have a lot, or a little bit, of sodium. After about ten minutes of this I came to the conclusion that I have to seriously rethink my weekly grocery-shopping list.
     Can you believe even Vitamin C tablets have sodium? Well, guess what? Ya better believe it! I never knew this! My 500 mg. Vitamin C tablets have 35 milligrams of sodium... in each one! Since they're only 500 milligrams I usually take five or six at a time. So... Bang!... right there I've already ingested up to 210 milligrams of sodium before I've even had my morning coffee! That's frightening!
     Did you realize even some brands of bottled water include sodium??? Again... I never knew this! It's water! What the hell is sodium doing in water?!?!?
     So... here's some "food for thought" - and, yes, the pun is definitely intended there - take a good look at what you're eating. If you wanna keep your heart healthy read your labels carefully!!!

ENTRY # 22
DATE:  11/09/05 (Wednesday)
SUBJECT:  "Wanna Go For a Walk?"

     I was out earlier today drivin' around, mindin' my own business, listening to my radio and something happened to catch my eye. At first glance I thought it was a guy walking his dog. Now, this is a perfectly normal thing to see. Especially in Milford. Thousands of people walk their dogs, right? Right.
     Well, as I got closer and my view became clearer, I realized it was NOT a guy walking his dog. It was, in fact, a guy walking his goat. Yes, I said a goat. On a leash too! Right down Route 1 in Milford. Really! A guy was taking his goat for a walk. I found this highly amusing.
     I'm not sure why I got such a kick out of this but I did. I guess it struck me funny simply because it was so unexpected. Milford is part residential, part industrial. Most of Route 1 is industrial... and this is where the guy decided to walk his goat. It looked very unusual, trust me. A Billy-Goat walking down Route 1. On a leash. I have never seen this before as you can probably tell.
     I am very familiar with goats (cows, horses and pigs too, in case you're wondering). I practically grew up on a farm so I'm used to being around livestock. But seeing a goat walking on a leash was the high-light of my day! It kept me smiling for the rest of the afternoon.
     I love Milford!

ENTRY # 21
DATE:  11/05/05 (Saturday)
SUBJECT:  Good News!

     I think I have my scanner problem solved. I talked to my mother today and she said I can have her old one. Her old one is similar to mine. In fact, it might be the exact same model as the one I just got rid of.
     A couple years ago she bought a new computer that came with Windows XP on it. Her old scanner wouldn't work with that operating system so she boxed it up and replaced it with a new one. Thankfully she held on to the old one. When I visit for Thanksgiving I'll be bringing her old scanner home with me!
     I just have to hope that A. she can find it, B. it still works and C. it'll work with my computer. I'm almost positive it will work with my computer but, until I actually have it up n' running, I'm not UNcrossing my fingers yet.
     So at least now my "no scanner" situation is hopeful. Woooohoooooooooo!!!

ENTRY # 20
DATE:  11/04/05 (Friday)
SUBJECT:  A Moment of Silence...

     My scanner died today. I am totally bummed out about this. You never realize how dependent you are on something until it's gone. This is dreadful!
     At first I thought I could resuscitate it by simply restarting my computer. Nope. Then I thought - maybe, just maybe - I could bring it back to the land of the living by reinstalling the software. Nope.
     I just have to face the facts... after six years of loyal service my beloved scanner is lost forever. In case you're wondering, yes, I have already begun the healing process. It has been gently unhooked with care and re-boxed for its journey over "The Rainbow Bridge" to where all damaged/dead computer equipment goes... the dumpster at work. I am fully prepared to move on to bigger and better scanners.
     However, now I am faced with yet another problem. My computer is seven years old which means my operating system is Windows 98. The scanners being sold now don't work with Windows 98. They're modified for Windows 2000, Windows XP and all other new Windows versions that have come out within the last ten minutes or so....
     This situation sucks ass. I'm afraid I might be scannerless 'til I can afford to get a new computer. Goody, goody. And that, I can tell you right now, won't be any time soon... so, again, I'm totally bummed out about this.

ENTRY # 19
DATE:  11/03/05 (Thursday)
SUBJECT:  What's Up With This Weather???

     Today is the third of November and it's seventy degrees outside!!! This is crazy! Not that I'm complaining... it's awesome, yeah, but weird!
     Last week it was rainy, raw and miserable... and now it's gorgeous. The poor trees around here can't decide if it's time to shed their leaves or not.
     This is great for me though. It's the first week of November and I haven't turned my heat on yet! I have no problem with this at all. I usually wait until mid-October to turn the heat on but, this year, I haven't needed to. I have now pushed back my "turn on" date to November 15th. I wonder if I'll actually be able to wait that long? Wish me luck, will ya?
     Hey... anything to save a buck, right?

ENTRY # 18
DATE:  11/02/05 (Wednesday)
SUBJECT:  The Ear-Cleaning Remedy...

     Got an email today from my friend Vicky. Vicky has a cat too and she experiences the same "ear cleaning" problem as I do. If you wanna refresh your memory go back to my entry on 10/09/05 to see what I go through every couple of weeks. Anyway, Vic gave me the perfect solution!!!
     She gave me step-by-step directions for making what she calls the "Cat Straight-Jacket." What it is is a pillowcase with a hole cut into it just big enough to put the cat's head through. The rest of the pillow case is then wrapped around the cat's body to keep her from fighting/clawing. Then I was to cut two long strips off of a towel to use as "securing ties" to hold the pillowcase firmly in place. These ties - once wrapped around kitty correctly - also keep the cat from thrusting around trying to escape.
     Anyway, I tried it right away and, I gotta tell you all, it is the most brilliant invention OF ALL TIME!!!!! It worked like a charm. With my cat wrapped up and utterly defenseless I actually had the use of both hands to clean her ears properly. One hand was able to hold her ear open while the other hand did all the cleaning. I'm telling you, folks, this is a FABULOUS invention. If you have a cat who suffers from mites, wax or yeast like my Sweety-Face this Cat Straight-Jacket is the answer to your prayers!!!! You gotta try it! You'll love it!
     Up until now cleaning my cat's ears usually took me about an hour before I ultimately just gave up out of frustration. Now, with this Straight-Jacket thing, it takes TEN MINUTES and my cat's ears have never been cleaner!!!
     Thank you, Vic! You have no idea how much easier you have just made my life!

ENTRY # 17
DATE:  11/01/05 (Tuesday)
SUBJECT:  Brainlessness...

     Don't you just hate people that can't make up their own mind? I don't know about you but it makes me crazy! I can't stand it.
     I had to go to Walmart after work today to pick up a few things. After running around the store frantically collecting everything on my list I headed to the check-out line. The shortest line in the place was about fifteen feet long so I jumped into it hoping I wouldn't be standing there for an hour. The group of people immediately in front of me consisted of three women and one little boy who looked about five years old.
     The conversation I was forced to listen to went something like this:

     "Maybe I should've tried this on. Do you think it'll make me look thinner?"
     "Dunno. You wanna find the fitting rooms?"
     "No, that's OK... I think it'll fit. Do you like the color? What do you think? Does it go with my hair?"
     "Maybe we should find the fitting rooms?"
     "Oh, did I show you my new phone? You'll have to help me pick out a cool ring-tone. Which song is good? What do you think I should pick? Or maybe, um, do you think I should just keep my old one?"
     "Your old one is OK, isn't it? What's wrong with the old one? Don't you like it?"
     "What do you feel like having for dinner tonight? You wanna eat at home, or do you wanna go out?"
     "I don't care. Whatever you wanna do is OK with me."
     "I'm gonna go find the fitting rooms. Wanna come with me? Maybe you should try that stuff on, so you'll know if you like it..."
     "Why? Don't you like it? I thought you said it'd look good on me?"
     "Well... I didn't say anyth--"
     "Don't you think it'll look good on me?"
     "How 'bout Burger King? Is that OK with you? Or maybe Subway? We haven't had Wendy's in a while..."
     "I have to go to the bathroom. Do you know where the bathrooms are?"
     "I dunno. Why don't you ask someone?"
     "Who do you think knows? Who do I ask? How do you even find someone in this place?"
     "We have chicken in the freezer at home... you wanna just eat there? Or do you wanna go out?"
     "Whatever, I don't care."
     "Hey, does your phone have that new Madonna song on it?"
     "You think I should pick that one? You like that song?"
     "Why? Don't you?"

     By the time they checked out and left the store I was ready to smack them all. Not ONE of them could make up their mind about anything. Not even about what they wanted to eat! The only one that seemed half-way decent in the decision making department was the five year old. He kept pointing to the candy bar he wanted. He KNEW that's the one he definitely HAD to have! Good for him! As for the others, though, I wanted to scream. How do these people manage to get out of bed in the morning?
     The whole time I kept thinking, "You have a brain, y'know! Try dusting it off and using it every now and then!" It is so annoying. I can't stand people who can't make a decision about something without running it by all their friends first. That drives me crazy. By the time I left Walmart I was gritting my teeth out of pure frustration.
     So much for breaking out of the rut I'm in. LOL, I would've been better off if I'd just stayed at home tending to my "To Do" list. ;-)
     Oh, and by the way, YES, my air-conditioner is finally out of the window! Yay!

ENTRY # 16
DATE:  10/31/05 (Monday)
SUBJECT:  In a Rut...

     I need a break... a vacation... something! Something to break out of the rut I'm in. It's awful. Everyday it's the same thing. I wake up, I go to work, I come home, I do housework, I go to bed. It's been like this for years. There's got to be more to life than this.
     Every day, when I get home from work, it's the same old routine. I check my snail-mail, I feed the cat, I check my e-mail, then I tackle the "Things To Do Today" list that is waiting for me on my kitchen table that I've prepared the night before. Today the list read as follows:

1. Talk to Mom
2. E-mail my father
3. Check PowerBall numbers
4. Make dinner
5. Do dishes
6. Make up lunch for tomorrow
7. Clean out kitty-litter
8. Sweep kitchen floor
9. Take out garbage
10. Clean out purse
11. Write out/mail rent check
12. Put clothes away
13. Add up "End of Month" mileage for expense report
14. Take air-conditioner out of window

     What an exciting life I lead, huh? It's 11:00pm now and everything on the list is finally done except for taking the AC out'a the window. It's too late and I'm too damn tired to deal with it right now. So now "Take AC out of window" is on the top of tomorrow's "Things To Do" list. Other fun activities for tomorrow include vacuuming, dusting and sealing all my windows to keep the winter drafts out.
     The rest of the week is similar to the above. And then - of course - sometime over the weekend it's back to the damn Laundromat. Only this time it's not clothes I'll be washing; it's all my towels and bed linens. Goody, goody. I can hardly wait.
     I'm thirty-five years old. Ten years ago I never pictured my life being like this. I expected a lot more out of life than "Things To Do" lists. What's happened to me? For the last five or six years it's felt like my whole purpose on this planet is to do housework and pay bills. What kind of life is this? Is this really what "living" is all about? Or were my expectations just way too high to begin with? I dunno... and, honestly, I'm too damn tired to think about it anymore tonight.
     On a lighter note, when I went out to my car this morning, I was pleasantly surprised. My car remained completely untouched by the Mischief Nighters last night. Thank goodness! I was not looking forward to slashed tires and shaving cream on the windows...
     Happy Halloween!

ENTRY # 15
DATE:  10/30/05 (Sunday - 10:00pm)
SUBJECT:  Tommy Lee Jones...

     I just watched four Tommy Lee Jones movies in a row. Men in Black, Rules of Engagement, Space Cowboys, and Man of the House. I must admit -- I LOVE THIS MAN! I have forty-three of his movies on DVD and no matter how many of them I watch I can't get enough of him. I love everything about him... his face, his body, his voice, his personality, his comedic timing.... he's absolutely brilliant from head to toe!
     I've made a new friend recently. She's writing a book about herself and incorporating TLJ into the story. It's fiction, obviously, and it's turning out to be a great story. I'm thinking about doing the same thing. I figure since I can't have him - for real - at least I could have him on paper (in my imagination), y'know what I mean? Plus, it might be a good way for me to "vent" some of my pent up sexual frustrations, LOL. Not that I have any, really. Though, after watching TLJ for a couple hours, I can definitely go for some sexual venting. ;-) God, he's HOT!!!
     I wish men like TLJ lived around here. But, from what I can tell, he's one of a kind. The thing I dig most about him is the whole "cowboy" thing. He lives in Texas, runs a couple of Long Horn cattle ranches and he raises his own Polo ponies too. He's a down-to-earth, rugged, country boy and here - in Connecticut - they just don't make'm like they make'm in Texas!
     I need to save my pennies so I can finally take a vacation. Maybe I'll head south for a week. San Saba here I come! Look out, Tommy... Dove's comin' to rope ya!

ENTRY # 14
DATE:  10/30/05 (Sunday - 1:00pm)
SUBJECT:  Mischief Night

     I remember, when I was little, Mischief Night was all about toilet paper. I have vivid memories of waking up the next morning and finding my whole street covered in toilet paper... the trees, the bushes, the telephone wires and even some unfortunate cars were draped with TP-entrails. Now, when you're ten years old, this is one of the funniest things in the world. And as long as it hasn't rained it's actually kind'a pretty... in a way.
     I'm not ten years old anymore. Which also translates into: "It's not funny anymore!" I've changed and so has Mischief Night. Mischief Night - nowadays - is much more than toilet paper. Now we're dealing with eggs, slashed tires, fireworks in mailboxes, stolen Halloween decorations, shaving cream, soaped windows, smashed street lights, stolen stop signs and, in some cases, dog shit smeared on the sides of houses. Oh, and toilet paper too on top of all that. It's pretty gross.
     I'm lucky. I have no children so I don't have to worry about MY kids doing any of these things. I also don't live on the ground floor so I don't have to worry about scraping raw eggs off any of my apartment windows... and as far as my mailbox being bombed with fireworks goes I'm safe there too. My mailbox is mounted on the side of the house which seems to deter the pranksters from tampering with it. However, I have no idea what I'm in for in the morning when I go out to my car. Hopefully it'll be egg, shaving cream and dog-shit free with all the tires intact. We'll see.
     I used to have a .22 pellet rifle. It had a scope on it too. On nights like this I wish I still had it. Mischief Night Pranksters make good targets! Of course I wouldn't use real pellets though... rock-salt works even better. It stings more! ;-)

ENTRY # 13
DATE:  10/19/05 (Wednesday)
SUBJECT:  Kenny & Renee...

     Kenny Chesney & Renee Zellweger are divorced??? ROFL, yeah, there's a shock!
     Don't get me wrong. I like them both... separately. I like her as an actress and I like him as a country singer. Sure. But together, as a married couple, I don't think so.
     As soon as I heard the news about their so-called "union" I was like, "I give them six months and it'll be over." Well, in actuality, they didn't even make it that long. They were "together" for, what, four months? And most of that time he was away on tour so does it even count as four months? Not in my book it doesn't.
     I've admired Kenny's music for a long time. He is - without a doubt - a brilliant artist. But, the moment I first saw him, I had my own suspicions that he was gay. And as the months went by I became more sure of it. The way he writes, the way he dresses, the way he moves around on stage, the way he sounds.... I'm sorry but the guy is definitely gay. If it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, sounds like a duck and looks like a duck, guess what folks? It's a f***ing duck!!!
     So FRAUD y'say? No kidding. The guy's gay! He had no business marrying a chick in the first place! Poor Renee. I hope - for her sake - the marriage was only a publicity stunt and not "for real."

ENTRY # 12
DATE:  10/16/05 (Sunday)
SUBJECT:  Gas Prices!

     Woohooo!!! Gas prices are down to $2.69 a gallon! Even though that's still a ridiculous amount of money it's a lot better than last month. Last month I was paying $3.43 a gallon and, in some stations, even more than that!
     I can only imagine the price will sky-rocket again once the holidays hit (whether there's another hurricane or not). It's unfortunate but - most likely - true.
     I don't mind it all that much. What bugs me is all the people that actually complain about it. You know the ones I'm talking about.... the ones that complain incessantly? Yeah, them! I think they're all just wasting their breath and, not to mention, my time by making me listen to it.
     I look at it this way: I have a car. I need gas. End of story. I need it no matter what the cost. If I want to continue driving then I have to continue paying. There's nothing I can do about it. It's just how the world is today. Oh well.
     So let me say this to all those pain-in-the-ass complainers out there... If you don't like paying these prices then sell your damn car! LOL, you think you've got something to complain about now? Let's see how you like relying on Public Transportation. HA! Six months of that and you'll be begging to gas up your own vehicle.

ENTRY # 11
DATE:  10/15/05 (Saturday)
SUBJECT:  Hurricanes Katrina/Rita; New Orleans/Mississippi...

     ENOUGH ALREADY!!! I am so sick of hearing about the destruction in New Orleans and in Mississippi. I'm sorry but I just can't take it anymore. Yes, it happened. Yes, it was awful. Yes, President Bush should've acted sooner. Yes, thousands of people died. Yes, I know. I know, I know. It's time to get over it... it's time to move on to other things. Every time I turn on my damn television there's more coverage, there's more fundraisers, there's more documentaries about it. I've had enough. I just can't sit and watch this stuff any longer. It's emotionally draining and I'm tired of it.
     And before you judge me and think I'm a bitch for expressing my feelings I also want you to know that, yes, I donated money. Yes, I donated blood. Yes, I even bought a couple of those rubber bracelets to show my support. And yes, once the first images of the destruction, death and utter chaos in the Gulf appeared on my TV screen I was appalled. I was moved to tears and felt I had to do something... so I did.
     But, honestly, I can't waste any more of my energy on this. (I have my own problems!) Especially since we all know it's only going to happen again. This wasn't the first time New Orleans was flooded and it won't be the last. I, for one, don't see the logic in building a city below sea-level in the first place. Especially one so close to the f***ing water. I mean, HELLLLLOOOOOO?!?!?!? Can you say, "Duuuuuuuuh?" Billions were spent in the past to rebuild and billions are being spent now to rebuild. And guess what??? Billions will be spent when it happens the next time.
     I say "the hell with it." Why bother? I think that whole flood zone should be written off as "uninhabitable" and we should just print up new maps with New Orleans erased altogether. Move what people are left elsewhere and call it a day. Why subject the survivors to the same "natural disaster" that will inevitably occur again???
     I don't mean to sound heartless though I'm sure that's how I'm coming across to some of you. But until we can create some kind of sure-fire solution to the flooding problems the whole idea of just getting rid of New Orleans makes sense. It would save billions of dollars, and probably millions of lives, if we just keep people out of that area from now on. Then, when it does flood again, nothing of any value will be lost.

ENTRY # 10
DATE:  10/09/05 (Sunday)

     If you look up the word "Medic" in Webster's dictionary the second definition states: "a medical officer who gives first aid in combat" - the key word there being combat, OK? Keep that in mind...
     As you all know by now I have a cat named "Sweety Face." She is so named because she's got one of the sweetest faces I have ever seen. She's also got a very sweet disposition... she's lovable, huggable, social and very "in your face" when it comes to wanting attention. She is - by far - the best cat I have ever lived with.
     She's thirteen years old and - as far as the Vet says - still in perfect health. She's spunky, energetic and curious. The one problem she does have, though, is the fact that she suffers from constant yeast infections in her ears. She scratches and digs at them all the time. I feel so bad for her 'cause I have never been able to find a solution to this problem. The Vet has prescribed just about every kind of "ear infection" medication under the sun with little to no effect. And even multiple trips to the Groomer don't help... at least not permanently. I'm totally at a loss. I have no idea what to do... and this situation is only getting worse I'm afraid to say.
     I came home from work the other day and found half my cat's face covered in blood from her constant ear-scratching. I immediately soaked a wash cloth in warm water and gently swabbed the drying, now-crusty blood out of her hair and ear. Now, she absolutely HATES me going any where near her ears. They cause her pain and when I dig around in them trying to clean them out they irritate her even more, turning my extremely sweet faced/sweet natured cat into - what appears to be - a ferocious, snarling-spitting-hissing-clawing, foaming-at-the-mouth beast from Hell! And, trust me folks, I am not exaggerating one tiny bit! Thankfully she only weighs eight and a half pounds... but even still, during these moments, she's an eight and a half pound ball of FURY!!!
     My usual "ear cleaning procedure" involves Puffs tissues (with Aloe), Q-tips, a warm wash cloth and a towel. I wrap my cat completely in the towel to keep her claws from shredding my flesh and I hold her snugly in one arm. This, however, leaves only one free hand to keep her head still, to hold her ear open and to reach for the cleaning items as I need them. This, I have found, is basically impossible to attempt alone. It's definitely a two-person activity but, since I live alone, I do the best I can.
     Today being a "nothing-to-do" type of Sunday I decided to attempt another ear cleaning. I gathered all the supplies and put them on the kitchen table. I coaxed the cat out from under the bed (I swear she's got E.S.P. She knows exactly when I plan to do this to her so she runs for cover!) and I wrapped her in the towel. Just getting the darn towel around her was an event in itself. With her constant wiggling and squirming it took me about ten minutes to manage it successfully, making sure all twenty lethal claws were tucked in. I then proceeded to swab the inside of her ears with the warm wash cloth to loosen the yeasty debris. Already she's drooling all over the towel blowing saliva-bubbles. At the same time there's also an extremely low-pitched, muffled growling sound emanating from deep within her chest. I hear this sound and I know The Beast is awakening and at any moment pure chaos is going to erupt all over my kitchen table.
     As soon as the first Q-tip is placed into her ear to collect the nasty junk I have now loosened, sure enough, my cat transforms her adorably petite body into The Incredible Hulk. She bursts from the towel, climbs up and over my body - making sure to dig all twenty claws into my skin for traction - and tries to leap off my shoulder to safety. I manage to grab her in mid-air just in time.
     Getting her back in the towel this time takes even longer 'cause now she's spastic and fighting back! I'm already bleeding so now I'm thinking to myself, "All right, Bitch, this is war!" I'm starting to get mad so my voice is tense and getting louder by the minute which - in turn - freaks my cat out even more. She doesn't like being reprimanded, no matter what the situation, so now, because she can sense my anger she's getting scared. Not good! Her entire chest is now drenched in drool so she's slippery too. I finally get her back in the damn towel but she's so upset she now pees all over everything: all over herself, all over the towel, all over the kitchen table and all over my clothes.
     Bleeding and urine-soaked I swoop up my cat and make a mad dash for the bathroom where I can release her momentarily for a break without having to worry about her running away to hide.
     Now locked in the bathroom I'm hoping to outsmart her. (Yeah, right!) I fill the tub half-way with warm water. She's used to water, since she visits the Groomer regularly, so I knew it wouldn't give her any additional stress. I was hoping the warm water would even calm her down a little and take her mind off of what I was doing to her ears. And, of course, it would also wash all the cat pee off both of us. Fully clothed I get into the tub with my cat who is now looking quite pitiful. Regardless, the water actually worked for about ten minutes - long enough for me to get one ear done anyway - but after that she decided she had had enough of this. She looked me right in the face, opened her mouth, and out came an ear-shattering caterwaul that was - literally - beyond my comprehension.
     The sound startled me and I let her go for a split second. However, this one second was all the time she needed to run for her life! She used my left thigh as a spring-board and leapt over the side of the tub in the blink of an eye. She slipped n' slid her way to the door where she then starts pawing at the doorknob in hopes of actually opening it. I'm still in the tub removing my pants to examine the wound she just inflicted to my thigh!
     In total exasperation I look down at my dripping cat and say, "You win." For the last time I grab the towel - and my blow dryer - and for the next twenty minutes my only goal is to dry my poor cat. At least I accomplished that. And so here I sit, at this computer of mine, bandaged and defeated. I've lost another battle with an eight and a half pound, sweet faced, sweet natured cat. She is back under the bed still scowling over the whole affair where, I'm sure, she'll stay until it's time for breakfast tomorrow morning.
     On top of the gash on my thigh she also managed to claw my neck, both my shoulders and my left hand (in numerous locations). And most of these claw marks (if not all) are severe enough to actually leave scars. And for the record I want it known to all who read this entry I am not making any of this up. I swear to God this whole "ear cleaning" ritual goes down the same way every time. It's like the first twenty minutes of "Saving Private Ryan." It's combat, dammit! There has got to be an easier way to do this. If any of you have ANY ideas or suggestions please, I beg you,
write to me.

DATE:  10/08/05 (Saturday)
SUBJECT:  Christmas Shopping...

     I gotta tell ya, when it comes to Christmas shopping, I am the world's biggest procrastinator. Every year, I say the same things: "This year, I am not waiting to the last minute to get my shopping done," or "This year, I'm gonna start my shopping right after Thanksgiving," and it never fails, three days before Christmas, I start my shopping. Well, this year, is different. It's not even Halloween yet, and I'm half way done with my Christmas shopping! And I love the sound of that! WOOOHOOOOOOO!!! If I keep this up, I'll be completely done before Thanksgiving. COOL!!!
     Maybe this year I'll actually enjoy the Christmas season. If I'm not forced to shop, and I'm not dealing with standing in lines, and bitchy sales-people, I think my chances are good that Christmas this year will be fun. Hell, at this point, I'll have Christmas already paid for by the time it gets here, which is the best part! For the last ten years or so, Christmas has been nothing more than a financial burden. Shopping this early totally alleviates all the financial stress. This is awesome!
     Now all I have to do is start wrapping the stuff I've bought already and I'll be good to go! And as soon as Halloween is over, and the stores put out all the Christmas decorations, I can pick up some Christmas cards and get them done and ready to mail too! I am totally psyched! Yup, this year I think I'll enjoy Christmas! Bring it on!!!

DATE:  10/07/05 (Friday)
SUBJECT:  Payday...

     In the world of "The Godfather" the days of the week are as follows: "Maunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Wednesday..." In the world of Dove the days of the week are: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Payday.
     Financially, I live week to week. It's almost impossible for me to save money. For the most part this means the entire week before Payday is nothing more than a waiting period for when said Payday comes again.
     Not that it matters much. My pay check is generally gone before it even makes it to the bank, thanks to the ever-present pile of bills on my kitchen counter. The only time I ever have money in the bank is when I get my tax returns. And, as luck would have it, something always comes up that forces me to withdraw that money.
     It just doesn't seem fair. I work all week and at the end of that week the only thing I have to show for my efforts is a slightly smaller pile of bills. I have come to the conclusion that the only way to get ahead is to A. Rob a bank, B. Hope a rich relative dies and leaves me everything, or C. Win PowerBall and/or Lotto.
     And do you know what really pisses me off? The people on State with their f***ing food stamps! These people get more money a week than I do and I bust my ass for a living! They're driving around in Maximas, Chryslers and SUVs while I'm driving around in a piece of shit Kia! They're laying around having sex producing even more offspring the government (meaning me as a tax-payer) has to pay for and I can't even afford to have a boyfriend let alone a family! It makes me sick!!!
     I said the same thing a few weeks ago to a friend of mine about not being able to afford a boyfriend. She didn't get what I was saying at first so she asked me what I meant by that comment. It's simple. I can't afford to have a boyfriend. A boyfriend means I have to pay for another birthday present, more Christmas presents, anniversary gifts, Valentine's Day gifts, Christmas/Birthday gifts for his friggin' family members, extra food to have in the house so I can feed him, blah-blah-blah-blah.... After listing all those things she finally got my drift! So until a boyfriend can be considered a tax write-off I just can't afford one. Those assholes on Welfare can though. They're all sportin' gold watches, gold chains, gold teeth, cell phones, beepers, palm pilots, iPods, hundred-dollar manicures, hair weaves and everything else that glitters. Again, they make me sick, every damn one of them.

DATE:  10/06/05 (Thursday)
SUBJECT:  Info-mercials...

     I'm a night-owl and late at night I'm usually doing one of my three favorite activities: sitting here in front of this computer, reading or watching TV. Tonight I chose to veg in front of the TV. Actually, since it's almost 3:00am, I should say "last night" I was watching TV.
     I am amazed at the amount of info-mercials that are on in the middle of the night. Make-up, ProActive, diet plans, exercise equipment, self-help tapes, money management, real estate, vacuum cleaners, mattresses, unwanted body hair removal, smoke elimination machines, cleaning products, cooking equipment and Time/Life music collections are just some that come to mind immediately... and I'm sure there are a lot more that I'm leaving out.
     I don't mind them... sometimes I even watch them if it's for a product I've never heard of before. Plus, not to mention, at 1:00am they are usually the most interesting things actually on TV at that hour. However, I don't see what the point is. It's an info-mercial, yet it's being aired in the middle of the night when a lot of people are sleeping. If a company is going to invest their time/money into producing a half-hour info-mercial, you'd think they'd want it to air during prime time hours when the viewing audience is huge. Otherwise where's the logic? Am I missing something? Am I just oblivious to the fact that insomniacs are known shopaholics? Do people who wake up from a bad nightmare feel the sudden urge for compulsive shopping at 2:41am? Are there actually people out there that absolutely must order their kitchen cutlery or UrineGone Spray at 3:30 in the morning? I don't get it!
     If it was up to me, I'd put the info-mercials on during the day. That way two birds are killed with one stone: their products will be viewed by a much larger target audience and, at the same time, these info-mercials would replace the bullshit shows like Jerry Springer. It would also free up the middle-of-the-night broadcasting schedule for more important things... like Stephen King and Tommy Lee Jones movies!

DATE:  10/05/05 (Wednesday)
SUBJECT:  Ugh! Those Lips!

     I just watched Tomb Raider. It's the first time I've sat and watched the entire thing. It was a pretty good movie once I was able to get past Angelina Jolie's lips.
     I've never been an Angelina Jolie fan, the reason being, her lips. They annoy me. Here she is, this tiny little thing, with absolutely gigantic lips! Ugh! Gross! They're funny looking. They look so out of place on her tiny frame. In general, I think she's sort'a pretty, but her lips ruin her whole face. To me, they actually look swollen, as if she's been punched in the mouth by someone. I don't like it.
     Maybe it's 'cause I'm a woman, I dunno, but all I see in my mind's eye when I look at her is her in the act of performing blow-jobs. There's a mile-long line of men in this vision and she's slowly making her way down that line completing the act on every one of them. When she finally looks up, her lips are chapped, raw and swollen from all those blow-jobs. That's all I see when I look at her, LOL. It's pretty sad and I'm sure she doesn't want to be thought of this way but I can't help it.
     Hmmmmm... I'm guessing this is the reason why so many men think she's so hot. When they look at her they must be thinking about blow-jobs too! In fact, now that I think of it, I used to work with a guy that called her "Angelina Blow-me" instead of Jolie. No wonder!
     I'm thinkin' that if I was a guy I wouldn't want her anywhere near my dick. I'd be scared she'd suck the soul right out'a me, like she's some kind of industrial Shop-Vac. No thanks! Again, though, maybe it's just because I'm a woman.
     Other than that I have nothing against Angelina Jolie. I think she is a fine actress (in what little bit of her work I've actually been able to sit through that is). I have nothing against blow-jobs either in case you're wondering about that, LOL...
     I just can't stand those lips.

DATE:  10/04/05 (Tuesday)
SUBJECT:  Typos...

     If you've found your way to this site of mine you already know that I'm a huge book-worm. I love to read, so I do... a lot. And one thing I can't stand is coming across a typo in a novel. I actually feel embarrassed for the author at that point, knowing his/her Editor didn't catch it before it went to press. That sucks.
     I work in an office and I catch typos in just about everything that crosses my desk. Emails, letters, purchase orders, memos... you name it. If there's a mistake in it I'll find it.
     So... today's Dove's Daily Dish entry is a request to all you readers out there: If you're here and you happen to catch a typo somewhere on this site please
email me to tell me about it. Tell me what page it's on and what section it's in so I can fix it!

DATE:  10/03/05 (Monday)
SUBJECT:  My "I Hate Mondays" Syndrome...

     Yes, I actually said "Syndrome" 'cause that's exactly what it is. Webster's defines Syndrome as: "a set of symptoms characterizing a disease or condition." OK, so it's not a disease, but it's definitely a "condition" I have come down with. When, exactly, this condition hit me I don't know, but I've been afflicted with it for years.
     This particular Monday is a perfect example of why I feel this way. It all started with my alarm clock this morning. I guess when I set it last night I didn't push the button all the way over into the "set" position so it never went off. I have to be at work at 8:30 so I usually get up at 7:00. This morning I never got out of bed until 7:40. Wonderful. It gave me 20 minutes to get ready for work.
     I pulled into the parking lot at work at 8:30 on the button. How I managed to pull that off I have no idea, LOL. Anyway, the first mishap of the morning happened before I was even inside the building. I'm generally the first person there every morning so I'm in charge of "opening up" for the day. When I get out of my car I'm carrying my purse, my lunchbox, my coffee cup and my keys. When I get to the door, before opening it, I also pick up the daily newspaper that's lying on the ground. Today, when I bent down to do that, the top of my coffee cup was jolted ajar. Molten coffee spilled all over my hand which - in turn - forced me to drop the coffee cup altogether. Super! Now I'm half asleep and coffeeless.
     Once inside the building, I proceed to turn on all the equipment. We have numerous computers, and just as many copiers, so this simple act can take up to three or four minutes. When I turned on the last copier it sounded like the awakening of the Beast. The soothing sputtering sounds it makes during its usual warm-up period were replaced by knocks, growls, moans, various rattles, and an ear-shattering squeal that, I'm sure, made all the dogs in a five mile radius howl in excruciating pain. Of course this just happens to be the copier that the majority of work is produced on. Being that all the folks at Danka suffer from the same "Monday Syndrome" as I do, I can't begin to tell you how reassuring it was to pick up the phone to place a service call. After being told I wouldn't have service until Tuesday afternoon, with a "possibly not until Wednesday morning" clause stuck in for extra amusement, I was about ready to head back home to hide under the covers, and at this point, it was only 8:45. I didn't even have my jacket off yet!
     The next person to arrive was Joe (not his real name by the way). Now, I gotta tell ya, this guy is nothing more than an idiot with bad breath. And when I say "bad breath," I mean bad breath. The government could use the stench permeating from his mouth as some kind of biohazard-killing-agent. Here Saddam, take that! And snap... World peace at last! I wish I could say I'm exaggerating but I'm not. It's rank. It smells as if sucking on the hose trailing off the back of a Roto-Rooter truck is one of his favorite hobbies. It's like, "Damn, Joe! What the f**k did you have for breakfast? Septage?"
     Septage. LOL. That's a cool word. I wish I could take credit for it but I can't. I "stole" it from
Stephen Spignesi. In fact, I like the word septage so much, I think I'll change Joe's name. From this point on I'll be referring to him as "The Septage Sucker."
     But I digress...
     The Septage Sucker is a pleasant enough person. He's actually an "OK" guy. He's nice, friendly and - for the most part - we get along all right as long as we're discussing non-work related stuff. But maintaining a pliable, working relationship with him is damn near impossible. Like I said before, he's an idiot. How he ever managed to get hired - EVER - for his current position is beyond me.
     Next in, to join The Septage Sucker and myself, is Pedro (not his real name either). Pedro is cool. I like Pedro. He's smart, he's funny, he does his job well, and his breath smells fine! Pedro makes the day bearable... usually. Today, though, one of his relatives is in the hospital so he only stayed at work for an hour. He left at ten o'clock this morning, leaving me all alone to fend off The Septage Sucker's breath. Thanks, Pedro!
     The last person to come in (at 11:30am mind you) is the owner, David (yup, you guessed it. That's a fake name too). David, for the most part, is an asshole. Which, when you think of it, should mean that he and the Septage Sucker get along. This is NOT the case. Putting Asshole and the Septage Sucker together is equivalent to dousing forest fires with gasoline! It takes, on the average, about fifteen minutes for them to erupt into some kind of embroiling argument that I'm forced to listen to on a daily basis. If I'm exceptionally lucky, like today, I'm forced to listen to it MULTIPLE times a day. Goody, goody!
     Sure enough, about ten minutes after Asshole showed up, the two of them got into it. Being that it was almost noon, and I still had not managed to consume one sip of coffee, I was not in the mood to deal with them. So, in a rather brazen manner, I made the announcement that, "I'm not interested in listening to this shit. I'm goin' to lunch!"
     I actually don't "go" anywhere. I bring my lunch to work. My lunch hour is sixty minutes of, basically, hiding in our kitchenette, cowering behind my lunch-box, my purse and a book, trying to remain invisible to the rest of the world. My lunch hour is MY time. I am not paid for those sixty minutes, therefore, I do NOT appreciate being interrupted to answer utterly brainless questions about work-related stuff. Period. END OF STORY. Unfortunately, though, my co-workers/boss don't share in my way of thinking. They see it as a "DOVE's-NOT-BUSY-NOW-SO-GO-ASK-HER-TO-DO-IT" opportunity. I kid you not, seven times today, my so called Lunch Hour/Personal Time was invaded!
     At 1:00 I emerged from the kitchenette in a rather irate mood. I don't really enjoy being in a bad mood so I figured this would be a good time to make the company deliveries. Since my lunch was constantly interrupted, a nice drive was what I needed to calm down and relax for a bit. Y'know... to get some "me time" away from work. And not to mention the "great outdoors" is also a refreshing break from the funky smell now wafting around the office from The Septage Sucker's mouth!
     My office is located between I-95 and Route 1, so those are the two primary roads on my delivery route. In most cases the traffic isn't too bad so I jumped onto I-95. Big mistake! Immediately I found myself surrounded in traffic moving at approximately two miles an hour. It took twenty minutes just to get to the very next exit in order to get off to escape the "parking lot" conditions of the highway. This particular exit number deposited me onto Route 1... along with thousands of other cars. Since this route wasn't any better, I cut all the way across town to Route 162, also known as New Haven Avenue. In doing so I wasted another half an hour and I was no closer to my first stop than I was almost an hour ago. By this time I'm totally stressed out. I have work to do, dammit! I don't have time for this! And - in the back of my mind - I'm also aware that once I get back to work my boss is gonna give me some lip about being gone so long. I don't need that either! Good grief.
     Moving on! I finally get to my first stop: BIC, the manufacturing plant where they make lighters, pens, white-out and what have you. When I pull into their drive-way the guard at the gate informs me that the plant is temporarily closed for a fire drill. I'm on fairly friendly terms with the guard so I was like, "Are you kidding me with this shit?" He laughed, and shook his head. It was clear to him what kind of day I was having. He then added, "Yup. Every Monday we do this." Of course! Arrrrrrrrgggghhhh!!!!!
     I made a quick U-Turn at the gate and went back to work. My attitude was: "F**k this! Deliveries can wait 'til tomorrow! The hell with it!" I finally made it back to work at 2:40... just in time to discover that our secondary copier had died right in the middle of a "Rush" job! Perfect! Just what I need! Another service call!
     The remaining three hours of my work day are just too torturous to reiterate. I don't want to face it again, LOL. I will say, though, that it only got worse. Needless to say, at 5:30, I ran from our building as if it was on fire! I tore ass out of the parking lot and headed home.
     At six o'clock I arrived back at my apartment to find that my cat had managed to explode sometime during my absence. I was welcomed home by a very apologelic looking kitty who was surrounded by multiple puddles of puke mixed with a variety of fur-balls...
     But ya know what? I just glanced at the clock on my monitor and it reads "1:07 AM." Monday is officially over... life is good!

DATE:  10/02/05 (Sunday)
SUBJECT:  My Ex-Anniversary...

     Thirteen years ago today (10/02/1992) I got married. And five years ago - as of this month - I got divorced. I was married for a total of eight years, though we were separated for the last two years of our marriage. So, basically, I've been single for seven years.
     For some reason, now that I'm divorced, I can remember the date of our wedding with no trouble. When we were actually married, though, I could never remember if the date was October 2nd or the 3rd without thinking about it for a few minutes. Why is that? Is it because I didn't value my marriage or my husband? Did I take it for granted I was married? Or did I just not care? Do I remember it now 'cause I feel guilty about failing at married life? Or is it just simply a date I remember now because it's a thorn in my side? I've been thinking about this today, as you can probably tell, and I haven't come up with any answers that make any sense, or offer any peace of mind.
     I dug through my filing cabinet and found my divorce papers. Doing this made me feel better about myself. I was not present, in court, the day of our divorce. I wasn't the one that filed, and I wasn't the one paying for it, so my lawyer said - since we weren't disputing anything - my presence in court wasn't necessary. Once I heard that I thought to myself, "Why should I lose a day's pay to show up in court if I don't need too?" So I didn't go. There was no point. About two months later I finally made it to City Hall to pick up my copies of our divorce papers. I glanced at them in the car, brought them home, then filed them away for safe keeping.
     I haven't seen them since then... until I dug them out earlier this afternoon. Since my husband was the one that filed for our divorce, he's the one that supplied the lawyer with our personal information. On my divorce papers it states we were married on January 15th, 1995. LOL, I found this particularly amusing... not only did he get the day wrong, he got the month AND the year wrong. He also managed to get the town of our marriage wrong and my date of birth. Good grief. Since so much of the information is incorrect, I wonder if they're even legal?
     Needless to say, I feel a little better now about not being able to remember if it was the 2nd or the 3rd. At least I was close. He - on the other hand - apparently had no clue when we were married.

DATE:  10/01/05 (Saturday)
SUBJECT:  The Dreaded Laundromat...

     What can I say? Is there anything worse than having to lug your dirty clothes across town? What a pain in the ass, right? Let's face it, sorting the clothes, loading up the car, driving there, unloading the car, finding an available washer, then waiting for an available dryer, folding everything, loading up the car again to head home, lugging all of it back into the house and/or apartment and then putting it all away is practically an all day event.
     I already work 40 hours a week... not including the hours I work at home cleaning, cooking and taking care of my cat. The only time I have left for washing/drying/ironing/folding clothes is on the weekend. And guess what? I totally have better things to do. Don't you? Like sleeping. I would much rather spend my weekend relaxing, preparing myself physically - and mentally - for another work week. But no! I have to spend a whole afternoon at the dreaded Laundromat. What fun.
     And, of course, I can't forget to mention the quarters. Half the time the damn change machine at the Laundromat doesn't work. Goody, goody! This means before I even start sorting my laundry to take it there, I have to do the whole "Search for Quarters" dance. Good grief. How annoying! If I'm lucky, and I remember to raid the cash register at work before I leave on Friday, then it's not too bad. I just exchange all my dollar bills for coins and I'm all set. However, if I'm not lucky, and I DO forget to do that, then it's awful. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to come up with ten bucks in quarters every week? I could go to the bank and just buy a roll, but half the time, when I'm finally ready to head to the Laundromat the damn bank is closed, LOL. Just my luck.
     Sometimes I sit in the Laundromat and read while I wait for my clothes to finish. Sometimes I leave and get other errands done which - usually - is a good thing. However, whenever I do that, I come back and find my detergent and/or my dryer sheets stolen. Can you believe that??? The Laundromat sells the necessary products right there to clean your clothes but some people feel the need to steal it from others. Who do you blame for this? Yourself for leaving your stuff unattended? Or the establishment for not keeping a proper eye on things? The particular Laundromat I go to does have an Attendant on the premises at all times but it still happens. I don't get it.
     Mental note to self: If I ever win Lotto, or PowerBall, the first thing I will buy for myself is a washer and dryer! Until then I'll just have to grin n' bear it, gritting my teeth, while I'm sitting there watching my clothes spin 'round n' 'round.

DATE:  09/30/05 (Friday)
SUBJECT:  The Introduction...

     Welcome... and congratulations! If you're reading this it means you've just discovered the brand new "Dove's Blog" link I've just added to this site. So, since you're here, I guess it means you were curious enough to take a look-see at what's on this page...
     Well, in a nut-shell, this is the place I've created for myself to Rant & Rave and/or Piss & Moan about stuff. About what stuff, you might ask? Basically, about anything that comes to me.
     I'll probably write about stuff that pisses me off or makes me happy... stuff about my life in general, stuff about things that make you go hmmmmm, and hopefully stuff about things you've thought about too but were too afraid to say out loud.
     I've recently become a fan of the show "Sex and the City." I love the concept of having a column in the newspaper where you can voice your own opinions, thoughts, feelings, doubts, fears and questions to the world. That's what gave me the idea to create this page. Even though it's not a column in a newspaper I 'spose it could be considered a column on the Internet, right? A kind of diary, or Blog, if you will.... a place to "vent" and clear my head so I can sleep at night, LOL.
     It's called Dove's Daily Dish but I honestly don't know if my entries will be daily. Probably not... but I couldn't think of anything else to call it. Daily, weekly, monthly... whatever. It's here, just the same, whenever I need it.
     Anyway, feel free to stay as long as you like reading my ramblings...

Wanna Read More Entries?

ENTRIES 625 - 601
ENTRIES 600 - 576
ENTRIES 575 - 551
ENTRIES 550 - 526
ENTRIES 525 - 501
ENTRIES 500 - 476
ENTRIES 475 - 451
ENTRIES 450 - 426
ENTRIES 425 - 401
ENTRIES 400 - 376
ENTRIES 375 - 351
ENTRIES 350 - 326
ENTRIES 325 - 301
ENTRIES 300 - 276
ENTRIES 275 - 251
ENTRIES 250 - 226
ENTRIES 225 - 201
ENTRIES 200 - 176
ENTRIES 175 - 151
ENTRIES 150 - 126
ENTRIES 125 - 101
ENTRIES 100 - 76
ENTRIES 75 - 51
ENTRIES 50 - 26
ENTRIES 25 - 1